Transferring your iPhone files to Android device can be quite a challenge if you are not familiar with the tools and features of your gadget. This is especially difficult since these mobile devices use different operating systems. To help save you time by doing this arduous work, here are some tips that you can follow;
Transferring Contacts from iPhone to Android
- First you must login to your iCloud. Select iCloud from Settings, and turn on Contacts. Turning this on, allows you to sync your iPhone contacts to your iCloud.
- Note that you have to be connected to the internet in order for the syncing to take effect.
- The next step is to convert your iCloud contact into a VCF file.
- To do this you have to log in to icloud.com and select Contacts.
- Once the list of your contacts appear, choose which contacts you want to transfer.
- After you’re done selecting your contacts, click on the Action Menu button at the bttom left corner.
- Select Export vCard from the dropdown menu.
- A VCF file will be automatically downloaded to your computer.
- Use a new tab in your browser to open http://www.google.com/contacts.
- Login using your Gmail account and select Import from the left panel.
- Upload the VCF file that you created from your iCloud contacts.
- Your now have your contacts from your iPhone on your Android device.
Transferring Your Calendar Entries iPhone to Android
- First login to your iCloud using your iPhone.
- Then go to Settings and select iCloud.
- Click on the Calendars to sync your iPhone Calendar to your iCloud.
- Make sure that you have an Internet connection so you can sync all your updates from your iPhone Calendar to your iCloud.
- Using your desktop login to your iCloud account.
- Click on the Calendar. Your list of Calendars will then be displayed on the left panel.
- Click on the share button beside the calendar that you wish to copy.
- Select Public Calendar from the Calendar Sharing pop up screen.
- Copy the URL that will appear below the Public Calendar option.
- Use this URL to open a new tab on your browser.
- But first you must replace webcal:// with http:// then press enter.
- A file will automatically start to download, which you have to save.
- Now you may open your Google Calendar through this link https://calendar.google.com/calendar/render?pli=1
- Login using your Android Gmail login details.
- Click the button located beside the Other Calendar menu.
- Select Import Calendar from the dropdown options.
- Choose the calendar file you just downloaded from your iCloud Calendar.
- Click on the import calendar button and begin transferring your iPhone calendar details to your new Android device.
The following transfer methods from iPhone to Android is just some of the many options that you can use. There are also other methods that you can employ to help make file transfer easier. These options include downloading mobile apps that can automate file transfer process, and the use of peripheral drives that you can connect both device and mediate the file transfer process.
Latest posts by Omer Cetin (see all)