As the Australian economy evolves, transitioning from the heavy reliance on the mining sector to focusing on other industries, there has been a noticeable boom in the number of start-ups sprouting across the country.
Your business might just be one of them. The problem with start-ups however, is that not all of them turn out to be successful – these 20 successful Australian start-ups were some of the lucky few. While there can be various reasons that contribute to the failure of most modern start-up ventures, one that has often stood out is the lack of inspiration.
Your work space matters. It’s not as important to get a proper office setup as it is to make your work spaces look welcoming, inspiring, and something you look forward to. A simple desk and chair facing a wall with a laptop on top just doesn’t cut it – it’s better to head to The Work Pod if you ever find yourself working in a situation like that.
Now, the main problem with start-ups is that they often do not have enough capital to finance anything other than their ongoing operations. This is one of the major reasons why the quality of the work environment suffers.
But, what if we told you that you don’t need a lot of money to transform your start-up environment into something that is inspiring and welcoming for everyone? Take a look at these top tips to help you get started:
- Bring in natural light. Begin with brightening up the surroundings. If you’ve got windows in the office space – that’s great! Clean them up and let some sunshine in. Invest in a set of window blinds that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing. This will help you regulate the light and privacy.
- Work on the floor plan. Don’t shove everything up against the wall. Make efficient use of space to make even the smallest of offices appear airy and spacious. Try creating work stations by lining up work desks back to back. Designate a corner for meeting area and bring in a couch for the waiting section.
- Break the beige. Office spaces don’t have to be dull and drab to achieve that “corporate” look. Add a pop of colour to the space. If you already have a business logo, go ahead and use it as the colour palette for your office interiors.
- Plants work wonders. They brighten your workspace up, bring in an element of freshness and make the space look more appealing. In case you’re not sure which plants would work best for you and where, ThePlantMan offers comprehensive professional solutions for that.
- Take care of the wires. Wires dangling from the ceilings, hanging from the walls, or cluttering the floors are probably the worst sight you can walk into when in an office. Make sure you do everything needed to keep them out of sight.
These five tips are simple to implement without burdening your budgets too much. All you need to do is make a conscious effort towards creating the perfect start-up environment that helps your employees and your business to thrive.
Beatrice Santos is taking up units in business law and currently affiliated as an intern in a local law firm. She is passionate in helping those who have any queries regarding business laws and how these may affect their respective businesses.
Latest posts by Beatrice Santos (see all)